Have your say – Exciting new community hub
A place for all to experience and enjoy is proposed for Salisbury City Centre – transforming it into a vibrant and modern precinct.
The proposed City Centre Community Hub will feature places for the community to come together such as a state-of-the-art learning and library facility with community accessible meeting areas, a public gallery, new face-to-face customer and community services along with chambers and office space for the Council’s administration.
Mayor Gillian Aldridge says it will be “the social heart of our City Centre and a place to showcase and experience the difference Salisbury has to offer”. “The Community Hub is a major element of the Salisbury City Centre Renewal Strategy, which is an ongoing program of investment to expand and energise the CBD”.
Mayor Aldridge said. “It’s all about connecting people with opportunities to gather, socialise, live, study and invest.”
Salisbury City Centre is unique; it’s a place with a long history and bright future. That is why we’re inviting community feedback on how people want to experience the Hub, and what opportunities there are to improve the services provided for the community.
Opportunities to participate in the Community Consultation include:
- Community engagement sessions: To be held at Len Beadell Library:
- Thursday 17 August – 1pm to 7pm
- Friday 18 August – 9.30am to 1pm
- Saturday 19 August – 11am to 2pm
- Sunday 20 August – 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Community Survey: Responses will be accepted from 17 August to 28 August
- Additional community engagement sessions: To be held at local libraries and community centres from 21 August to 25 August including:
- Monday 21 August – Para Hills Library from 10am to 12pm
- Tuesday 22 August – Salisbury WestLibrary from 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday 23 August – The Mawson Library from 12pm to 2pm
- Thursday 24 August- Jack Young Centre from 10am to 12pm
- Friday 25 August – Ingle Farm Library from 10am to 12pm
- Community engagement session: To be held at Parabanks Shopping Centre:
- Monday 28 August – 9am to 5pm
- Direct engagement: Council will be meeting directly with key stakeholders such as schools, service providers and cultural groups.
The site selected for the proposed Community Hub is located on John Street between Civic Square and Parabanks Shopping Centre and was chosen to enable integration with the Civic Square as a focus for community activities and services. “In the second half of 2017, Council will be considering the feedback received during the community consultation in its final designs and before making a final commitment to the community hub,” Mayor Aldridge said.
For more details on the site location please CLICK HERE.
To access the fact sheet and frequently asked questions CLICK HERE.
Thank you for having your say on our proposed Salisbury City Centre Community Hub.